Introduction to my blog PhWwoaarhammer!

 


Hello and welcome fellow gamers to my Warhammer underworlds blog Phwwooaarrhammer! 

 

One of the many great things I love about this game and community is the deck building aspect. I know of course some do not enjoy this aspect as much and may even find it a bit of a chore, so I decided to try and help ease the pain a bit by creating a blog about “uncommon“ cards, which hopefully sparks some thoughts and discussion. 

 

First off a big shout out to Stephen Vann and his “Call it Shadespire“ blog. Back in the day of shadespire / nightvault crossover, Stephen created some incisive content about the effectiveness of certain cards in game situations called ‘’cardiology’’. I feel heavily inspired by you, Stephen. Thanks for the articles and all the Maths!  I wanted to create a blog that focuses on cards that may not see as much of the light of day in decks, in my experience, I feel are somewhat underrated, and go through how they could be played. Also a shout out to Matt at Set the tempo who helped me set up this page as I’m not very technical.

 

I intend to review the cards of the previous season for a couple of reasons. First, that the current new releases are already being well reviewed by our great blog writers and podcasters. A shout out here to What the Hex, Path to Glory, Can you roll a crit, and all the other bloggers out here. The other being there will have been new playstyles, war bands and mechanics since previous season's cards were reviewed, creating new factors influencing a cards usefulness. And finally, the previous seasons cards will be rotated out at the end of the season and if I can inspire a reader to add a card to their deck, or inspire them to try a warband or strategy using the card; I want to do so sooner rather than later. So that’s 3 reasons, see I can’t count! Unlike Stephen.


A bit about me

I came into the game from a long break from miniature board games where I used to play Space Hulk and Talisman as a teenager. My son and I got into Pokémon then Yu Gi Oh card games, and I also enjoy playing Legends of Morrowind online.  Hence my penchant for cards.   So, when I was looking for something to potentially play with my boys (still working on that) that was a sit down board game and straight forward with less outlay, Warhammer Underworlds fitted the bill perfectly.  I started just after Nightvault and have never looked back. 

 

I play in the Bristol and Bath group of players playing at our FLGS, and we have an active whatsapp group, shout out to you guys! We are always looking to grow the community and for new players in the area. So, let me know and you can join our group.  During the lockdown through whatsapp we have been playing a league on vassal. I'm also fairly active on discord as BrizzieBeast, and play Vassal casually. The platform is a great, user friendly way to get games in internationaly and during lockdown. A shout out to Shoobie and Paul and the team for their efforts in keeping it updated.

 

 



Comments